Trucking Accident Attorney in Charlotte NC
Learn more about Truck Accident Attorneys:
Our trucking accident attorneys are dedicated to helping victims seek justice against negligent truck drivers and the companies that hire them. The attorneys at The Olive Law Firm may be able to help you seek compensation for your injuries and expenses. We have a winning track record, and we fight hard to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. As a Charlotte NC truck accident lawyers, we are compassionate, understanding, and aggressive. We may be able to help you seek compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. If you or a loved one has been involved in a crash with an 18-wheeler, you want us by your side. Call our office today – your consultation is always free.
Call a Winning Team
Why choose us? Auto injury Attorney Lee Olive is one of the few lawyers nationwide who has earned membership in the elite Million Dollar Advocates Forum, which includes attorneys who have won their clients $1 million or more in personal injury lawsuits. It takes a high degree of experience and skill to earn this achievement. Don’t settle for less when you’re researching trucking accident attorneys.
Fight – Do Not Settle
While some trucking accident attorneys are content to accept a smaller settlement in vehicle accident cases, we know this does not serve our clients’ best interests, so we prepare every case as if it will go to trial. This lets the trucking companies know that we fight to win, and it means our clients have a much stronger chance of getting the maximum compensation for their injuries.
Recovery from an Accident Involving a Tractor Trailer
Recovering from a collision with a tractor trailer can be one of the most challenging and life-altering experiences you will ever face. Commercial semis are some of the most dangerous vehicles on the road. Weighing in at a whopping 80,000 pounds when fully loaded, these cargo transporters cannot be brought to sudden halts. They certainly do not have the agility of a car. For these reasons, commercial truck drivers are expected to drive more carefully. Industry regulations are getting tougher: Big rig trucks cannot be loaded to any weight that exceeds 40 tons. Truck drivers must take at least 10 hours off after 11 consecutive hours of driving. Truck drivers can only work 70 hours during an eight-day stretch, and then they must observe a minimum 34 hour rest period before getting back behind the wheel.
Was Negligence Involved in your Accident?
After an accident, one of the first places a trucking accident injury attorney commonly investigates is the truck driver’s log book, which might uncover evidence of negligence on the part of the driver or the hauling company. But our trucking accident attorneys do not stop there:
- Driving history – We review the driving history to see if the trucker has been convicted of reckless driving charges or DUI’s in the past.
- The trucking company – We typically investigate to find out if the employer knowingly hired a driver with a history of DUI or reckless driving.
- Overloading – A trailer’s weight is critical. The vehicle is inspected to find out if it was hauling cargo that was too heavy. If a “weight infraction” is discovered, it’s important to find out if the trucking company knew the vehicle had been overloaded. If the driver’s log confirms that the semi operator had exceeded his or her driving limits, it is important to determine whether the trucking company knew this, encouraged it, or demanded it. Maintenance records can be requested by trucking accident attorneys to determine whether the truck had been properly maintained and if any known mechanical defects were not fixed.
As trucking accident attorneys, our goal is always to help our clients pursue any compensation they may be legally entitled to seek as a result of negligence. This includes compensation for:
- Medical expenses incurred as a result of the accident.
- Permanent injuries that render you unable to work and enjoy life.
- Loss of companionship (consortium) that deeply affects your closest relationships.
- Wages lost because of an inability to work.
- Pain and suffering, which can be related to physical pain and limitations, as well as mental and emotional turmoil.
- Disfigurement or loss of use of a body part that can affect your life and ability to earn a living.
- Property damage, including the vehicle struck by the big rig and your personal effects that were in the vehicle at the time of the accident.
About Punitive Damages
Under certain circumstances, our trucking accident attorneys can also help clients seek what are called “punitive damages.” This extra compensation punishes trucking companies for acting in a particularly reckless and negligent manner. Common examples include forcing their drivers to exceed driving limits, failing to properly maintain vehicles, deliberately overloading a trailer, and knowingly hiring drivers with histories of reckless driving or substance abuse.
Trucking Accident Lawyers
Contact your Charlotte trucking accident attorney, at The Olive Law Firm. Any discussion of compensation and pursuable compensation on this site is for informational purposes only. Every case is different and must be evaluated separately. We do not represent that similar results will be achieved in your case.