Practice Areas for Charlotte Personal Injury attorney
If you have been the victim of a personal injury accident, call for a free evaluation of your case. Our firm has spent over 50 years, since 1957, helping clients get maximum compensation for their injuries and protecting their rights. We can answer your questions in both English and Spanish. Hablamos español. Si usted necesita hablar con un abogado, llámenos hoy.
Why Choose The Olive Law Firm as your Charlotte accident injury lawyer?
We fight to win. Many attorneys agree to settle personal injury cases because it is an easier path. But experience tells us that this is not always in the best interest of our clients. While a majority of cases are indeed settled out of court, we always prepare them to go before a jury. You do not pay us unless you win your case.Go with a law firm that has proven results. Our President, Attorney Lee Olive, has been inducted into the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. That means our team has the dedication, skill and resources to win seven-figure awards.
Personal Injury Cases We Accept
Our firm represents clients facing injuries and losses due to:
Helping You Recover from Your Accidental Injury
As a victim of a personal injury accident, you may be entitled to seek compensation for the medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering that you have had to endure when someone else is negligent. “Duty of Care” is a legal term that you will often hear in reference to personal injury claims. It refers to the obligation we all have to make sure our actions don’t harm others. If someone knows there is a danger and doesn’t take action to prevent an accident that is abandoning their duty of care.
For example: If the host of a party serves alcohol to an intoxicated guest who then causes a car wreck, the host may be held responsible. This social host law is one that our firm helped to establish in North Carolina. A truck driver who knowingly carries a load that is too heavy can cause an accident. If he knew the weight exceeded the legal limit, he is said to have abandoned his duty of care. If a supervisor knowingly assigns an employee to use faulty machinery, and that employee gets hurt, the supervisor may have abandoned her duty of care.
Personal Injury Compensation
If you are the victim of someone else’s negligence, we may be able to help you seek compensation for: Medical expenses – You may be able to get compensation for medical treatment. This includes emergency transport and medical services, hospital stays, ongoing treatment and future therapies that you will need to completely recover.
- Lost wages – If you have an eligible case, you can seek the wages that you have lost as a result of your inability to work. This includes compensation for medical appointment and both temporary and long-term disabilities and disfigurements.
- Pain and suffering – You may be able to seek compensation for the physical, emotional and mental suffering that you have endured. This includes the inability to enjoy life as you used to.
- Disfigurement – These are injuries that cause permanent changes to your body or visible scars.
- Permanent injuries – This includes physical or mental damage which appear likely to curtail your activities or employment opportunities for life. Loss of use of a body part – Compensation depends on how greatly the loss of a limb, eye or other body part affects your enjoyment of life or your earning capacity.
- Loss of consortium – A personal injury accident attorney can file a claim on behalf of your spouse for the loss of intimacy and companionship caused by the injuries suffered in the accident.
Additional Forms of Personal Injury Compensation
Under certain circumstances, our team can pursue additional forms of compensation for clients who have suffered a personal injury accident. Punitive damages can be pursued for gross negligence and misconduct. Punitive damages are used to punish liable parties and to make them reconsider making the same mistakes twice. Wrongful death damages can be sought if the negligence or misconduct resulted in the death of a child, spouse or parent. If you have been the victim of a personal injury accident, you should know we are experienced and compassionate professionals who are devoted to our clients, our communities and to justice. Call if you need a workers comp lawyer, slip and fall attorney, have a spinal or brain injury case, have questions about dog bites or product liability – or any type of civil law question. Call if you are the victim of a personal injury accident in Charlotte and surrounding communities. Any discussion of compensation and pursuable damages on this site is for informational purposes only. Every case is different and must be evaluated separately. We do not represent that similar results will be achieved in your case.
Contact us today for a consultation.