Personal Injury in the Charlotte, Lake Norman, Gastonia, Davidson, Matthews and surrounding areas:
1. How do I know if I can sue someone for Personal Injury?
- Personal injury cases have to qualify to the following:
- The involved individuals must have suffered from injury or property damages.
- The injury must be the end result of someone’s negligence or by an intentional act that causes property damage or injury.
2. What are the things I should remember after an accident that caused injury and damages to my property?
- Get yourself checked by a doctor right away. Your personal safety and well being must be your top priority after an accident.
- As soon as you can, note down everything that you remember about the accident, conversations, people you spoke with and who caused the accident. Also take note of the injuries you suffered, damages (lost valuables, wages, etc.)
- Consult a personal injury lawyer as soon as you can.
- Do not speak to the other party’s insurance company or adjuster unless you have already spoken to your counsel or lawyer.
3. Why do I need a Charlotte lawyer to represent me for my personal injury case?
- Your personal injury lawyer will focus on protecting your rights and ensuring that you recover the maximum claim that you are entitled too. Your attorney will also make sure that all damages are accounted for and all sources of claim explored.
4. How long will my case last?
- The answer to this question will vary from one case to another. Some of the factors that may affect the length of your case will include: the willingness of the other party to cooperate, the nature of your injuries and damages. Many cases are resolved quickly.
5. Do I have to contact my own insurance company even if I did not cause the accident?
- Yes, the soonest time you contact your insurance company the better.
6. How much will the insurance company pay me for my pain and suffering?
- The answer to this will depend on the extent of your injuries. Since there is no exact formula to compute, the court will usually determine this based on facts and evidences.
7. Are all automobile accidents the same?
- No. There are also automobile accidents caused by commercial vehicles. Lawyers who file commercial trucking case must be very familiar with state mandated federal codes and laws.
- If you have any additional questions, please consult Charlotte’s best personal injury attorneys, here at Olive Law Firm. We serve the Charlotte metropolitan area- including Charlotte, Cornelius, Davidson, Gastonia, Lake Norman, Matthews, Monroe, and Mountain Island.