Have you been injured on the job and wonder if you need a worker’s compensation attorney? Charlotte is a bustling, growing city with a large population of construction workers, independent contractors, high-rise window cleaners, and road workers. You can be injured on the job in any industry, but this large population of workers operate in an environment that is fraught with dangerous and risky activity. It is most often that independent contractors are caught in the web of complexity that is spun in worker’s compensation laws. The system is designed to make it a sticky and difficult process to receive the compensation and rights that workers deserve. In most cases, it is against your best interest to undergo the process without legal representation.
Worker’s compensation is complex
Workers need to be aware of the fine print within the laws and to educate themselves on the workers compensation laws and liability issues. We would like to think that most employers are forthright, and want to do the right thing and act in their workers best interest. However, the relationship naturally compels workers to return to work as soon as possible, resulting in numerous cases when a worker returns to work too soon, in an effort to appease his or her employer. Whenever there are injury claims and the employer disputes the claim, you need to consult a worker’s compensation attorney as soon as possible. We want to offer some tips regarding the initial steps to take if you are an accident victim on the job or you have a work related illness:
- Notify your employer – Inform your manager or supervisor of the incident. Be accurate and put all the details in writing.
- Seek medical treatment – It is surprising how many people think of their injuries as minor and fail to seek medical treatment, but without a professional medical record of your injury, it becomes very difficult to obtain fair compensation. Visiting a healthcare professional and obtaining appropriate treatment soon after the accident is imperative.
- Fill out a workers compensation claim – Fill out the appropriate forms for workers compensation
After you have taken the initial steps:
- Be sure to follow your doctor’s instructions exactly.
- Attend any subsequent medical examinations if required.
- Go back to work when you are medically cleared.
- Consider hiring a Workers Compensation Lawyer
Consult a worker’s comp lawyer in Charlotte, NC
Residents and workers in North Carolina have been served by the Olive Law Firm for decades. They have helped honest, hardworking people get the compensation and the treatment that they deserve after a work related injury. No matter what kind of work related injury you are dealing with, you need to know your rights. The Olive Law Firm has been helping Carolinians understand their rights and seek justice since 1957. Call their office and ask for a consultation with a worker’s compensation attorney.