The most important step if you are injured in an accident
Did you know that when you are injured in an accident, you become a member of a very important team? That is… if you hire one of the best personal injury lawyers in North Carolina. Insurance companies are very good at making people feel that they will not need an attorney because they will come to a fair settlement with an insurer. It is important to remember that the goal of insurers is to settle the case with the least possible financial loss for their company. The whole process evolves into a series of technical delays, and unnecessary red tape, designed to get the accident victim to settle for much less than they should rightfully receive.
Putting your case in the hands of a skilled and experienced personal injury lawyer is surest way to peace of mind, because you are confident that your claim is being handled by someone who is fighting for your best interests. Being part of this team means that you are also instrumental in helping to strengthen your case. Consider the following steps that you can take to ensure that your case is built on solid footing:
Obtain medical care immediately
– Even if you do not feel pain, you should be seen by a health care provider or emergency room right after a car crash or injury accident. This will provide important medical documentation of the beginning and progress of your injuries.
File an accident report
– Accident reports are an invaluable tool for your lawyer to use to investigate the details of the accident and to form the preparation for your case. You should also be sure to collect the names, and license plate numbers of witnesses to the accident; if at all possible.
Report any and all prior accidents to your lawyer and your doctor
– it is important to make sure that your doctors and lawyer (the most important members of your team) knows everything about your case and your history. This pertains to facts that are detrimental as well as facts that work in your favor.
Follow all doctors’ orders and return to work only when cleared to do so
– Follow your doctor’s orders for work and activity restriction if you are Injured in an accident. Failing to follow medical instructions can seriously hamper your claims for damages. If you continue to stay off from work after your doctor has cleared you to return, you may not be able to receive compensation for lost wages.
Keep a journal
– Keeping a journal is of great assistance to your attorney. Along with your journal, be sure to keep all receipts and records associated with the expense of your injuries. Make sure that it is addressed to your attorney, and then its content is protected by attorney/client privilege.
Depending on the best Charlotte injury attorney
If you live anywhere in North Carolina, and no matter what your case involves, The Olive Law Firm has the skill and the experience you need on your side. No law firm can guarantee an outcome, but you can be sure that your case will benefit from thorough preparation and aggressive representation. The Olive Law Firm works tirelessly to help their clients seek justice. You deserve nothing less than to recover medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages to ensure a secure future. Call them today for a free consultation if you have been injured in an accident.